The family is the basic unit of any society. It is made up of a group of persons who are united by ties of marriage, blood or adoption and who live together. A family starts with a young man and young woman who establish a relationship, become married and produce children and take care of these children. When the children grow Ito adults, they in turn start their own families. This means that you are going to start your own family some day.
A family group that is made up of the parents and their children is called a nuclear family. A group that is made up of a husband and a wife, their children, grand-parents, uncles, aunts, cousins and other relatives is called extended family. A family group that is made up of a man and two more wives and their children is called a polygamous family.
Marriage is the union of a man and a woman ( or women) as husband and wife (or wives). Factors to consider when choosing a marriage partner include:
2. Background: it is wise for a person to choose a partner who has the same background (religious, social, educational, etc) with him or her.
3. Economic security: the young people intending to marry should ensure that they are economically ready to do so.
4. Character: one should choose a partner with a reputable character.
5. Health: one should consider the health of the person he or she intends to marry.
6. Love: Persons intending to get married should love each other.
7. Compatibility: partners should share similar interests, likes, dislikes, etc.
8. Parental consent: it is important that partners seek and obtain their parents' consent and approval before marriage although many go against their advices.
9. Blood group: people intending to marry should end ergo blood test ( genotype examination) to ensure that they can have healthy children and not sicklers.