Dusters and Mops
There are normally made from soft non-fluffy or lintless cloth.
Use of dusters
• They can be used dry, for gathering and removing dust from surfaces.
• They can also be used slightly damped with water or suitable oil. This helps to gather dust and prevent it from flying about.
• After using a damp duster the surface should be rubbed with a clean dry duster to restore the polish and shine.
• During dry dusting, shake the duster outside properly from time to time
Guidelines for choosing dusters
• Choose soft lintless or non-fluffy cloth.
• Choose soft cloth that can absorb moisture.
• Provide more than one duster for the home.
Care of dusters
1) After use shake to remove loose dust.
2) Wash with soap and water. Rinse well and hang out on the line to dry.
3) Fold neatly and put away properly.
Mop heads are made of twisted cotton yarns. They are attached to a long or short handle. Dry mops can be used for dusting surfaces. Wet mops can be used for washing floors. Long-handled mops make washing of floor easy because the worked can stand while working.
Care of mops
• Wash the mop with soap after use.
• Rinse out in clean water.
• Wring out water and shake thoroughly in open air.
• Place upright in the sun to dry.
• Wash mop-pail and dry in the sun.