Cocoa and Fruit drinks
Cocoa powder is made from beans. It is a favorite beverage among children and invalids. It contains a little carbohydrate and fat. Cocoa beverages are commonly sold in different countries' markets, supermarket, discount shops etc.
Method of preparation
1-2 teaspoonfuls of cocoa powder
½ cup of milk
Sugar to taste
-Place the cocoa powder into a cup.
-Gradually add boiling water.
-Add milk and sugar.
-Stir well and serve.
Cold drinks can be made from different types of fruits like oranges, lime, lemon, pineapple, etc. Syrup is often added to the fruit to sweeten them.
Guidelines for making fruit drinks:
• A fruit drink can be made from one type of fruit. When two are to be combined, one should hive a sharp taste.
• Chill fruit drinks before serving.
• Use bottle or plastic containers for fruit drinks. A metal container can change the flavour of the drink.
Preparation of sugar syrup
80g granulated sugar
1 cup of water
- place the sugar in a clean saucepan.
- add water and bring the mixture to boil.
- reduce the heat and summer until the syrup is slightly thick.
- leave to get cool.
A lot of different other drinks can be made and decorated with fantasy.