There are different rules and regulations on how customers or consumers should take good care of their clothing items in terms of handling, sewing and laundering them. Here are some types for silk-fabrics-based materials.
Guidelines for handling and sewing of silk fabrics:
1. Silk is soft and fine, therefore it should be handled carefully during sewing.
2. Lay silk fabric carefully and cut with suitable sharp scissors.
3. Use silk sewing thread for silk fabrics.
4. Use fine needle for sewing.
5. Make the stitches slightly loose.
6. Finish the raw edges neatly.
7. French Sean can be used for blouses and underwear.
Guidelines for laundering sold fabrics:
1. Silk requires careful handling in laundering.
2. Always study the care label to see the type treatment recommend for given silk-garment.
3. Dry clean silk garment that have special designs and brilliant dyes.
When it is necessary to launder silk:
4. Use mild detergent powder or soap flakes.
5. Use warm water.
6. Gently squeeze the silk article article in the suds.
7. Avoid rubbing and friction.
8. Rinse thoroughly in warm water. Give a final rinse in cold water.
9. Roll in a towel to remove excess water. Dry under a shade or indoors.
10. Iron damp on the wrong side. Finish in the right side using warm iron. Use ironing cloth.
11. Avoid the use of chlorine bleach and acids for stain removal.
Guidelines for handling and sewing viscose rayon and acetate fabrics:
1. Cut with very sharp scissors.
2. Use fine steel pins.
3. Stay-stitch curves if fabric is loosely woven to prevent stretching .
4. Use nylon or terylene thread for sewing.
5. Uses fine smooth needles.
6. Give large seam allowance for fabrics that fray easily.
7. Neatening raw edges as soon as possible.