Unit 3 Lesson 2
Exercise 6 : 1a, 2c, 3b, 4b, 5c
Exercise 7 : 1F, 2T, 3F, 4T, 5F
Exercise 8 : 1d, 2a, 3f, 4e, 5g, 6c, 7b
Note the following:
“reality” TV are programmes like Big Brother, where the people who are performing are not actors
a holiday ‘challenge’ programme is a programme where people – often celebrities – are followed going
on a holiday in which they have to survive difficult situations or do dangerous things
Summary 1 is more accurate
4. 5 billion
1. author = writer – writes novels, reports, etc.; broadcaster = works on TV or radio
2. research = trying to find information; report = writing up what you have found out
3. good/bad coverage = coverage means how you “cover” a news event or sports story, etc. So, good
coverage means it was filmed well, and the news or sports story was reported well.
4. a commercial channel = a TV channel that is paid for by advertising; the BBC (British Broadcasting
Corporation) is paid for by the British public by a compulsory TV licence scheme.
5. conducted = carried out; funded = financially supported
6. a snapshot survey = a quick look; comprehensive analysis = a detailed and thorough investigation; a
searching examination = a thorough, detailed look, which asks difficult questions
Exercise 13 : 1d, 2a, 3c, 4e, 5b, 6f
Exercise 14 : 1c, 2a, 3b, 4a, 5b
: 1F, 2F, 3T, 4F, 5T, 6F Unit 3 Lesson 3
broadcast – soap – run – TV sets – coronation – transmission – animation – founded – came up with –
convinced – cartoon – partnership – created – allergic – carrots – introduced – VHS released – GB –
data – seats – extras – sound
1. Who started daily broadcasts in 1936?
2. On what date/When did the first soap begin its run?
3 How many TV sets are there in China?
4. What did Walt Disney name his animated mouse?
5. What was Walt Disney’s wife called?
6. Who were created in 1939 by Hanna and Barbera?
7. What was Mel Blanc allergic to?
8. How long was Jack Mercer the voice of Popeye for?
9. What did JVC introduce in 1976?
10. What was the title of the first pop video?
11. How much data does a DVD hold?
12. How many people does Radio City Music Hall seat?
13. When was the first full-length film (The Squaw Man) released?
14. How long did the kiss last in Andy Warhol’s film?
15. How many extras were there in the film Gandhi?
16. Who was born Issur Danielovitch Demsky?
17. How many Best Actress Oscars did Katharine Hepburn win?
18. How much can Julia Roberts ask per movie?
19. Where was Catherine Zeta Jones born?
20. What was the name of the first movie to use sound?
Watch the film and answer the following questions:
1. Why is the film entitled 25 Hour?
2. The setting is New York City after September 11. Do you think there is a reason for this
3. How is the story narrated? Can you identify any particular device?
4. How would you describe the father-son relationship?
5. How are the different ethnicities living in New York described?
1 We have not enough information – 2 Adaptation – 3 Adaptation – 4 The Good Thief – 5 Nicolas Cage –
6 The Magdalene Sisters – 7 Adaptation – 8 The Magdalene Sisters
Far from Heaven The Good Thief
1 falls for – 2 erratic 1 to kick – 2 cop
Frida The Magdalene Sisters
1 not outstanding – 2 the lead role 1 latter half – 2 laundries
1 scriptwriter – 2 dual
+1 anno fa
I contenuti di questa pagina costituiscono rielaborazioni personali del Publisher cecilialll di informazioni apprese con la frequenza delle lezioni di Diritto della comunicazione e dell'informazione e studio autonomo di eventuali libri di riferimento in preparazione dell'esame finale o della tesi. Non devono intendersi come materiale ufficiale dell'università Teramo - Unite o del prof Ruggiero Luca.
Acquista con carta o conto PayPal
Scarica il file tutte le volte che vuoi
Paga con un conto PayPal per usufruire della garanzia Soddisfatto o rimborsato