Inglese scientifico - Appunti
ATTRIBUTES OF PAIN
P. Q. R. S. T.
What makes you feel better or worse?
What is the pain like?
What is the region involved? Where does it
Does it radiate?
How much does it hurt? Can you still
work? Are you incapacitated? Are you able
T: Temporal (time)
When does the pain occur? Is the pain
intermittent or constant?
How to be a good doctor
Facts alone are not good enough! A good physician should
• A strong humanity i.e. a basic interest in human
• An interest in disease: its causation and treatment
• An ability to communicate: with patients to obtain a
full understanding of their problems and be able to
give accurate information and be non-judgemental
• An ability to examine patients and elicit abnormal
• An ability to summarize facts and make a case
• An up-to-date knowledge base
• An ability to realize when knowledge is deficient
and to learn in response to new knowledge
• An ability to acknowledge errors and learn from
• Appropriate technical skills in diagnostic and
• An understanding of economic, social and cultural,
political health care systems.
• Excellent managerial and interpersonal skills.
Material adapted from MEDICINE AT A GLANCE BY PATRICK DAVEY
WHO ? Who is that man?
WHEN? When did you hurt your arm? When do take your pills?
When did the pain start?
WHAT? What do you do for a living? What did you do yesterday?
What did you do to your leg?
What makes the pain better?
WHAT….LIKE? What is your lecturer like? What is the pain like?
HOW ? How are you ? How are you feeling? How did you cut
yourself? How strong is the pain?
HOW LONG? How long have you been learning English?
How long have you had the pain?
HOW MANY? How many tablets do you take a day? How many
cigarettes do you smoke?
HOW MUCH? How much sleep do you get?
HOW OFTEN? How often do get regular exercise? How often do
you eat vegetables?
WHY? Why didn’t you follow your doctor’s instructions?
WHOSE? Whose is this medication?
+1 anno fa
I contenuti di questa pagina costituiscono rielaborazioni personali del Publisher valeria0186 di informazioni apprese con la frequenza delle lezioni di Inglese Scientifico e studio autonomo di eventuali libri di riferimento in preparazione dell'esame finale o della tesi. Non devono intendersi come materiale ufficiale dell'università Seconda Università di Napoli SUN - Unina2 o del prof Sepe Joseph.
Acquista con carta o conto PayPal
Scarica il file tutte le volte che vuoi
Paga con un conto PayPal per usufruire della garanzia Soddisfatto o rimborsato