Uses of clothes
Reasons why we wear clothes
They are different reason why wearing clothes is a fundamental habit for human beings: many ppeople seem to forget the basic reasons they wear clothes and most do it for fashion.
- Protection: Clothes are worn to protect the body from different weather condition for example cold, rain, heat of the sun, wind, rough harmattan weather. In this way clothes are helpful in maintaining the normal temperature of the body. Clothes are also used to protect the body from other harmful things such as insects, plants, worms, etc.
- Modesty: Clothes are worn to cover our nakedness. They help us to appear decent.
- Appearance: Clothes are used to beautify the self and improve appearance.
- Role Identity: Clothes show the roles which people perform, or their duties in the society for example nurses, police, soldiers, etc.
- Mood: Clothes help to show our mood or feelings. For instance some people wear black clothes foe mourning.
- Status or Position: Clothes help to show the status or positions which people occupy in the society. Examples are the special clothes worn by traditional rulers such as 'Emirs', 'Kings', etc.
- Culture: Clothes help to show the culture of a group of people. Do people's clothes help to show were they come from (they are basically known ad traditional wears).