Renaissance born on 15th century in Italy
- balance, clarity and proportions;
- the building have a flat and wide windows;
- the architect use simple arches, pediments and columns.
Architects and buildings
- Palladio Andrea: he was an Italian architect and he studied the ancient Roman buidings. The most famous Antonio Palladio’s plan is Villa Franceschi.
- Inigo Jones: he was one of few great Renaissance architects in England. He planned Banqueting Home, where there were formal banquets and court masques. He also planned Covent Garden, a residential square along the lines of an Italian piazza.
- balance = equilibrio;
- pediment = frontoni;
- flat = piatto (aggettivo);
- wide = largo
- square = piazza;