Harvard University in Cambridge
Harvard University is a private university which is situated in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in the USA. It was founded in 1636 by the Massachusetts colonial legislature and it represents the oldest institution of higher learning in the United States.
It is based on the pattern of the modern research university, and it includes elective courses, small classes and entrance examinations. The Harvard model influenced American education nationally, at both college and secondary level.
Harvard today has nine faculties:
- the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.
- the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- the Faculty of Medicine.
- the Harvard Divinity School.
- the Harvard Law School.
- the Harvard Business School.
- the Graduate School of Design.
- the Graduate School of Education.
- the School of Public Health.