Nigeria - Food grown
Different types of food are grown in Nigeria. These foods can be carefully planned, selected and prepared in order to provide balanced meals for family members. The foods can be grouped as it follows:
• Cereals or grains: these include maize, millet, wheat, guinea corn or sorghum, rice. These are produced in many states as well.
• Pulses: these include cowpea, groundnuts, Bambara nuts, soybeans, different varieties is beans. They are produced in states such as Benue and other northern states in the country.
• Tubers: these include potatoes, yam, cassava etc. They are produced in many states like Anambra, Delta, Edo, Imo, Enugu etc.
• Vegetables: these include vegetables such as tomatoes and okro, leafy vegetables like spinach, bitterleaf, waterleaf, onions, etc. These are grown in almost all parts of the country. Onions are common ok the northern parts.
• Economic tress: that produce food in Nigeria include Palm tree of different kinds, cocoa, Lola nut trees, tea, coffee.
• Livestock: different types is livestock are also produced in Nigeria. They serve as sources of protein and include poultry, goats, sheep, rabbits, pigs, cattle, etc.
Sheep and cattle are commonly grown in the northern parts of the country.