The ComedyThe word comedy come from the greek comodìa, probabily meaning "Dionysiac feast song", generally linked to village faests celebrating fertility rites. The comedy has maintained some fixe features through the centuries:
* It generally deals with ordinary characters set in everyday situations in an amising way;
* It begins with misfortunes but does not end with the death of the main character;
* The playwright generally mocks the vices and follies of the society he belongs to;
* Specific sets of comic characters are developed: they do not evolve in the course of the play and thei names sometimes reveal their nature;
* The plots are mainly based on love and rely on witty dialogue.