1. I miei amici avrebbero potuto dirmi la verità.
• My friends could tell me the truth.
2. Avresti potuto incontrarlo, ma non hai voluto.
• You could meet him but you would not.
3. Cosa avresti potuto fare? Io ero all’estero, tu non potevi raggiungermi.
• What could you have done? I was in foreign countries, you could not reach me.
4. Mio padre non avrebbe potuto capirmi, non sa come sono, cosa voglio, non ha mai vissuto con noi.
• My father could not understand me, do not know how I am, what I want, never lived with us.
5. Non avrei mai potuto fare la domanda per un lavoro da ragioniere, non mi piace la matematica.
• I would never have been able to apply for a job as an accountant, I do not like math.
• My brother in-laws could have a pay raise, but it has not worked enough.
7. Non sarei mai potuto diventare un responsabile del dipartimento di contabilità.
• I could never become a manager of accounting department.
Simple past Present conditional Perfect conditional
TO HAVE + PARTICIPIO PASSATO
ESSERE ESSERE STATO
To play To have played
To be To have been
To speak To have spoken
To spend To have spent
To eat To have eaten
To study To have studied
To drive To have drived
To write To have written
To married To have married