Pancake and Sausage Rolls
To make a pancake you need:
1/4 litre of milk
A pinch of salt
1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
1. Place the flour into a mixing bowl.
2. Mic the egg and milk in a bowl.
3. Gradually, add the egg and milk into the flour and mix or whisk.
4. Continue whisking until there are no lumps.
5. Add salt and whisk again.
6. Leave the batter to stand for about 10 minutes.
7. Put about 1 tablespoonful of vegetable oil in dry frying pan. Heat gently.
8. Pour in about 2 tablespoonfuls of batter into the frying pan. Tip the pan so that the batter spreads all over it.
9. Cook the pancake slowly until it has set.
10. Turn the pancake with a knife.
11. Cook the other side for about two minutes. Sprinkle with sugar and roll or fold.
12. Serve the pancake on a plate, Cook the remaining mixture in the same way and serve.
Sausage Rolls (Baking)
To prepare sauce rolls you need:
2 or 3 tablespoon of water
A pinch of salt
70-100g sausage meat
• clean the baking tray and grease lightly.
• pre-heat the oven.
• weight out all ingredients, keep each separately and ready for use.
• put the flour into a mixing bowl.
• add salt to the flour, run the fat into the flour, add water into the flour.
• mix the pastry and sprinkle flour lightly on the pastry board.
• knead the pastry to get it smooth. Shape it into an oblong and roll it. Use short sharp strokes. Turn the pastry round from time to time. If pastry sticks to the board or the roller put a little more flour on them.
• roll the pastry into a strip of about 30cm long and 6cm wide. Cut it into four equal pieces.
• place equal quantity of sausage meat on each piece. Wet the edges of the pastry and roll it over the sausage.
• cut each roll into two, place the rolls on the baking tray, bake for 15 minutes until the rolls are golden brown.
• remove from oven as tray. Serve hot or leave to cool before storing.