Eurocode - Basis of structural design
EN 1990 establishes Principles and requirements for the safety, serviceability and durability of structures, describes the basis for their design and verification and gives guidelines for related aspects of structural reliability. EN 1990 is intended to be used in conjunction with EN 1991 to EN 1999 for the structural design of buildings and civil engineering works, including geotechnical aspects, structural fire design, situations involving earthquakes, execution and temporary structures.
- principles of limit states design;
- basic variables;
- structural analysis and design assisted by testing;
- verification by the partial factor method;
- application for buildings;
- management of structural reliability for construction works;
- basis for partial factor design and reliability;
- design assisted by testing.