Devil Knight
Devil Knight - Erectus - 104 Punti
Rispondi Cita Salva
Dovrei fare il riassunto di questi due sonetti di Shakespeare:

1)Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed,
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course untrimmed:
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
Nor shall death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st,
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee

2)My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips' red:
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
I have seen roses damask'd, red and white,
But no such roses see I in her cheeks;
And in some perfumes is there more delight
Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know
That music hath a far more pleasing sound.
I grant I never saw a goddess go:
(My mistress, when she walks, treads on the ground).
And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
As any she belied with false compare.

Ed inoltre (la più importante :pp) dovrei fare il confronto tra di loro...

Spero mi possiate aiutare... ciauuu!!!
Burdella - Sapiens Sapiens - 822 Punti
Rispondi Cita Salva
Il confronto 1
Sonnets 18 and 130
In Shakespeare's sonnets 18 and 130 he referred to two women that he
loved. These two sonnets shared similarities and yet contained many exciting
The clear similarity is that they are both about two women. He loves both
of them very much. It seems that they make his days pass easier when in sonnet 18
he says, "So long lives this, and this gives life to thee". Likewise, in sonnet 130 he
remarks that he loves to hear her speak and "Yet by heaven I think my love as rare,
As any she belied with false compare". In both sonnets he uses personification by
saying "black wires grow on her head" and "Shall I compare thee to a summer's
One of the main differences in the sonnets was in sonnet 18 the woman he
was referring to was physically beautiful. On the other hand, in sonnet 130 the
woman was not so pretty yet he still loved her as much. For instance in sonnet 18
he says that she is more lovely and temperate then a summer's day. Yet, in sonnet
130 he says that her breath smells and her hair looks like wires. Still he loves her
just as much. Also in sonnet 130 he speaks of how he loves to hear her speak and
sing by saying "I love to hear her speak, yet well I know, That music hath a far
more pleasing sound...". He says nothing about the woman's voice in sonnet 18.
Further more, in sonnet 130 it is clear that the woman he speaks of is very poor
and most likely works for either him or someone close to him. However, in sonnet
18 it seems as though the lady is of equal state as he and has wealth.
The differences between these to stories make them interesting to
read and the similarities keep the reader wondering of who these two women
might have been.

Aggiunto 1 minuti più tardi:

Il confronto 2
Both of these sonnets address the speakers love for a woman. In sonnet 18, the comparisons are almost hyperbolic. The woman is compared to a summer's day and the beautiful summer's day is found wanting in comparison to the woman. This poem is written to immortalize the woman. "As long as men can breathe and eyes can see, so long lives this (the poem) and this gives life to thee." The comparisons, in some small way, can be seen as a comfort to a woman who may be facing thoughts of her mortality. The speaker reassures the woman that she will not be conquered either in death or in the dimunition of her beauty because the poem immortalizes this moment of her perfect youthful beauty. In the second poem, Sonnet 130, we see a more realistic speaker who, instead of trying to immortalize the beauty of his beloved, insists that her beauty is not why he loves her in the first place. Instead of flattering her vanity with false or insincere comparisons to nature's wonders, he insists that it is not her appearance at all that he loves but rather her intrinsic nature or personality. She is not more beautiful than other women physically, but she is perfect for him and he refuses to falsely flatter her. "And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare / As any she belied with false compare."
Roxyna - Habilis - 171 Punti
Rispondi Cita Salva
Summary 18
The speaker opens the poem with a question addressed to the beloved: “Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?” The next eleven lines are devoted to such a comparison. In line 2, the speaker stipulates what mainly differentiates the young man from the summer’s day: he is “more lovely and more temperate.” Summer’s days tend toward extremes: they are shaken by “rough winds”; in them, the sun (“the eye of heaven”) often shines “too hot,” or too dim. And summer is fleeting: its date is too short, and it leads to the withering of autumn, as “every fair from fair sometime declines.” The final quatrain of the sonnet tells how the beloved differs from the summer in that respect: his beauty will last forever (“Thy eternal summer shall not fade...”) and never die. In the couplet, the speaker explains how the beloved’s beauty will accomplish this feat, and not perish because it is preserved in the poem, which will last forever; it will live “as long as men can breathe or eyes can see.”
Riassunto 130

“Sonnet 130” sounds as if it is mocking all of the other poems of Shakespeare’s era. Love poems of this time period made women about out to be superficial goddesses. “Sonnet 130” takes the love poem to a deeper, more intimate level where looks are no longer important and it is inner beauty that matters. Shakespeare paints this picture using a wonderful combination of metaphors and a simile. He starts the poem out with a simile comparing his mistress’ eyes to the sun. He then quickly switches over to using the metaphors to compare the rest of his mistress’ characteristics, such as her breasts to snow and hair to wires. This poem is written in the traditional Shakespearean sonnet form. It has three quatrains and a couplet. The rhyme scheme for the poem is ababcdcdefefgg The a sound is made of an “-un” rhyme while the b sound is made of an “-ed” rhyme. The sound of c is an “-ite” rhyme and the sound of d is a rhyme of “-eeks.” The e and f sounds are rhymes of “-o” and “-ound” respectively and the g sound is a rhyme of “-are”, which ends the poem. As to where the setting of this poem is written, I would have to agree with Helen Vendlers view on this. It seems as though Shakespeare had just finished reading a sonnet of the era that was written about someone’s mistress having eyes like the sun and lips as red as coral. When he sat down and wrote a poem that said the mistress in the latters poem must be a goddess. His was not, but he loved her anyway for what she was not what she was not. This poem was made to be a mocking view of all the other love poems around. I feel that the format of this sonnet in terms of content and Shakespeare's feelings served two purposes. He wanted first to convey the image that even though his mistress was not as fair as one would hope for, they seemed to share some kind of kinship or bond that no other could share with him, not even his wife. It did not matter to him that she was not as pretty, but only that she is on the same wavelength that he is. Secondly, I feel that he is explaining the fact that he does not necessarily want a mistress that is ravishing, and that all of the qualities that other men see in women are not his own and in fact repulse him. He says in line 13 that he loves the woman and that is rare or extraordinary. Which simply means that he cannot believe that he actually does like another woman that is not beautiful to every extent but she offers something more than just good looks, companionship. The picture of true unconditional love is best presented in William Shakespeare’s “Sonnet 130.” Though his lover’s lips are not full, he yearns for them. Though her cheeks are not rosy, he feels her glow. Her hair is certainly not soft and her breath does not project sweet perfume, but he is still truly captivated. She cannot sing to save her life, yet he loves to hear her voice. When she walks you would not call her graceful but he still cherishes her clumsy strides. This is a poem written by a man that has learned to love with his heart and not his eyes.
Devil Knight
Devil Knight - Erectus - 104 Punti
Rispondi Cita Salva
thanks!!! xD
Come guadagno Punti nel Forum? Leggi la guida completa
In evidenza
Classifica Mensile
Vincitori di settembre
Vincitori di settembre

Come partecipare? | Classifica Community

Community Live

Partecipa alla Community e scala la classifica